Whether you love it or hate it, at least a handful of dinner guests at Thanksgiving will expect pumpkin pie for dessert. Give the people what they want with this perfectly-spiced, creamy version. Serve with a dollop of whipped cream, if desired.
- Serves : 8
- Topics : Pumpkin
- Dish Type : Desserts
- Preparation : Bake
- Skill Level : Intermediate
- Ready In : 60 Minutes
- Season : Fall , Spring , Summer , Winter
- Occasion : Thanksgiving
- Main Ingredient : Cheese/Dairy , Vegetables
- 1-½ cups (375 mL) canned pumpkin purée
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) packed dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) PC 100% Pure Medium Maple Syrup
- 1-½ tsp (7 mL) cinnamon
- 1-½ tsp (7 mL) ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) 35% whipping cream
- 3 PC Organics Free Run Large Eggs
- 1 pre-baked homemade pie crust or pre-baked store-bought pie shell
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
- In medium saucepan, whisk together pumpkin, sugar, syrup, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt; cook over medium heat for 6 to 8 minutes or until heated through. Whisk in cream. Bring to a simmer; remove from heat immediately.
- Transfer pumpkin mixture to blender; add eggs. Blend on medium for about 1 to 2 minutes or until smooth and well combined. Pour into prebaked pie crust. Bake in bottom third of oven for 35 to 40 minutes or until set around edges with slight jiggle in centre. Let cool on cooling rack for at least 1 hour; refrigerate. Pie can be served cold or warmed up.